Re: iBook internal speakers volume

I have an iBook 900 Mhz on which I have recently installed Debian sid. I have a little trouble with the internal speakers : they do work, but the sound is extremely low. Changing the volume in aumix has no effect. I have read that the speaker volume is mapped to the "Spkr" channel of aumix, so I checked and found out that the "Spkr" channel is at maximum and cannot be moved (I cannot lower its value, while all other channels can be tuned noramlly).
	I use the ALSA modules on a 2.4.21-ben2 kernel

Has anyone ran into this issue before, or has an idea of what might be the problem ?

Any mixer I tried didn't work here either, but if you install pbbuttonsd the keys from F3 to F5 (with the speaker symbol) will allow you to increase or decrease the volume, maybe it somehow circumvents the /dev/mixer device.

      -Thomas