Re: Meta Alt oh my!

On Wednesday 06 August 2003 3:25, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra
wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:45:39 +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > The X server always uses the same config file (usually
> > /etc/X11/XF86Config-4) unless it's told otherwise. Does it say pc101 or
> > macintosh for XkbModel?
>
> 	Says macintosh, but what got me was altwin:meta_win.

Where does it say "macintosh"? In /etc/X11/XF86Config-4?
/var/log/XFree86.0.log? /var/log/XFree86.1.log? The output from setxkbmap -v
6?

> Actually :0 works OK, :1 is the problem.  Somehow :1 gets its configuration
> from the console, not from XF86Config-4.

:1 does not get it's configuration from the console. However, I bet X11 is
getting some error and is falling back to its default.

> setxkbmap seems to do this job, now I'd like to file a bug unless someone
> has something against it, and to learn where to put the setxkbmap to be
> activated in :1.

Your workaround will involve running setxkbmap from your .xsession, perhaps
only if your DISPLAY is set to :1. You'll have to make sure that
allow-user-xsession is set in /etc/X11/Xsession.options, and beware of bug
195845.

> 	Ah, and get the console to work.

This will involve setting up a custom keymap and the program loadkeys. You can
look at the file /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz for the keymap that is loaded
now. But let's resolve the X problem first.

Frank