VGA output on ibook ?

Hi everyone,

Since I've bought my Ibook ( a combo@700, with radeon M6LY), last year, I hope to use the vga output a day, with a videoprojector, for example...

Using a Debian sid distribution, I can have this feature enabled with an old 2.4.20-ben10 kernel, but not with the more recents versions.

The problem is that it doesn't work correctly everytime because depending on the output, and when I have to make a Linux course, I feel very embarassed to use another laptop, and not mine :-(

Of course, this feature works perfectly with Mac OS (clone or extended screen, both with CRT monitor or VideoProjector). But I don't want to use Mac OS (except with MOL ;-) )

Did someone know something about this ? Is there an existing OF "magic manipulation" for this or something like that ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

--
eric b