Some sound doesn't work yet

I though that I'd finally got my sound-card working, but I'm not quite there.

Most things seem to work. I can play mp3s, wavs, and all the system
notifications, etc.

However, when playing some sounds I just get lots random noise (a bit like
white noise, but less soothing). This happens to the sound-track on mpeg
videos when I'm watching them on Kaboodle or Noatun (the media players from
KDE 3.1). And also when I try to play MOD files (that's an old 80s music
format) on XMMS and on tracker. The tracker package is written specifically
to play MOD files.

Are there any other modules that I need to install? I am running kernel
2.4.21, with the following modules:
 snd-es1938
 snd-mixer-oss
 snd-pcm-oss
 serial
 sound

The es1938 driver is for my TerraTec 128i PCI sound card.

Many thanks,
Tim