Re: Xboing: no sound, missing soundIt.h

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 20:53, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:

> When trying to start xboing I get this:
>
> $xboing -sound
> XBoing - Please wait [ ... ] User, initialising xboing ...
> No access to sound device: Permission denied

Are you in group audio?

> Can't init soundIt library. yech..
> XBoing - Warning: Audio unavailable or not supported.
>
> Is soundIt part of the kernel? Or is it a loadable module?
> At any rate, I found it nowhere on my system.

Looks to me like it's part of xboing.

xboing 'works' here, except that it has endianness bugs, so you only
hear white noise. And frankly, that's not the only crappy thing about it
- for a breakout game, I recommend lbreakout2, which works perfectly and
is much better in general.