Re: Gentoo PPC LiveCDs

In my opinion, the free software community needs to focus on using more
tools like:

http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

See:
http://apple.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=66371&cid=6106901

Specifically:
http://bender.ce.rit.edu/torrents/Gentoo-ppc-1.4_rc7-gnome.torrent
http://bender.ce.rit.edu/torrents/Gentoo-ppc-1.4_rc7-kde.torrent

This allows the *USERS* to donate bandwidth as they get the software.  I
think this is a great way to reduce the costs of distributing free
software.

How much money is spent on debian bandwidth each month?  I know much of
it is donated, but wouldn't it be better to focus on getting other
donations (cash, travel, conferences, hardware...) and let the users pay
the bandwidth costs via a P2P system?

POB.