xfstt/xfs-xtt - recent font issue

Hello,

Has anyone else noticed that anti-aliasing of fonts on sid has worsened in
the last week?

I noticed it after an apt-get update/upgrade.  At
first, my X log was showing that it could no longer connect to the
FontPath        "unix/:7100".

I was only running xfs-xtt at the time and thought it must be a problem with that.

Then I remembered that when i was running xfstt, it said I
should change the line to "unix/:7101", so I re-installed xfstt and
changed the line to 7101.  There is no longer a complaint in the X
log about not finding the port, but the anti-aliasing is still below
par.

I've upgraded to X 4.3, from 4.2 but no change either. The only
other thing in my X log file that might be related is:

Warning: font renderer for ".pcf" already registered at priority 0
Warning: font renderer for ".pcf.Z" already registered at priority 0
Warning: font renderer for ".pcf.gz" already registered at priority
0
Warning: font renderer for ".snf" already registered at priority 0
Warning: font renderer for ".snf.Z" already registered at priority 0
Warning: font renderer for ".snf.gz" already registered at priority
0
Warning: font renderer for ".bdf" already registered at priority 0
Warning: font renderer for ".bdf.Z" already registered at priority 0
Warning: font renderer for ".bdf.gz" already registered at priority
0
Warning: font renderer for ".pmf" already registered at priority 0

I think these lines have appeared recently, too.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks very much

Joss