Re: ibook troubles after dist-upgrade

The ALSA problem is solved,too. It didn't like to be compiled with gcc 3.3.

Thomas

Michel Dänzer wrote:
On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 17:09, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:

Michel Dänzer wrote:

In fstab, I have (like on all my x86 machines)

proc     /proc    proc   defaults   0    0

What the heck...?

I have

none	/proc	proc	defaults	0	0
^^^^
but I don't expect that to make a difference? You may have to boot with
init=/bin/sh and start each init script manually to see what's going on.

Hm. How do I know the order of scripts like checkroot.sh etc? The rc2.d/* files are clear, but the others...?

Whenever I've had to boot with init=/bin/sh, I did something like

for i in /etc/rcS.d/S*; do $i start; done

afterwards for the rcS scripts and then switched to runlevel 2 normally.

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria