Re: ibook troubles after dist-upgrade

Michel Dänzer wrote:
In fstab, I have (like on all my x86 machines)

proc     /proc    proc   defaults   0    0

What the heck...?

I have

none	/proc	proc	defaults	0	0
^^^^
but I don't expect that to make a difference? You may have to boot with
init=/bin/sh and start each init script manually to see what's going on.

Hm. How do I know the order of scripts like checkroot.sh etc? The rc2.d/* files are clear, but the others...?

snooze, which worked perfectly previously, now also freezes the machine. The display goes dark, and that's it. Hard lock. No syslog entries

Has anything changed in /etc/power/pwrctl(-local)? Do you have anything
like pbbuttonsd installed?

In fact, I didn't upgrade pmud to the sid version. It's still woody, so I don't think anything changed there.

Can't you use a journalling filesystem?

Yes, but I first wanted to upgrade to sid before going into installing a new kernel. And the one I'm using now has none of such file systems.

As described on http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/keycodes, either
disable CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES in the kernel config or pass
keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1 as a kernel boot argument.

Good hint, thanks!

Altough I use the same XF86Config-4 like before with Woody, X failed to come up with sid. lspci revealed that the VGA adapter has PCI ID 0:10.0, while my old XF86Config-4, which - as said - has worked over a year, states 0:16.0. How is it possible that the PCI ID changed?!

It hasn't, lspci shows hex but X takes decimal.

Duh. I see. What I still don't see is a reason why it worked before (4.1) and does not now (4.2). - But never mind, I'll first stick with the other problems, and I have a feeling that this one will be solved automagically. (Thinking of a missing /proc for example)

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria