Re: Installation problems on StarMax

scripsit Chris Tillman:

> My first suspicion is that the kernel doesn't fit in the memory space
> provided by quik. Do you still have MacOS on the machine?  If so, you
> can try it with BootX to see if it gives the same result.

The box came with a very decrepit and unlicensed OS8, which I fdisked
away at my first opportunity -- so BootX isn't an option here.  I'd like
the box to be purely free software.

> BTW, I don't remember any reports about 2.4 working on OldWorlds, so
> aside from the fact that I got one to work with BootX, you may be a
> pioneer.

Hmm.  I'll have to get in touch with the Quik folks...

Thanks for all your help.

--
Pax vobiscum; pax cum omnibus.

Thanasis Kinias