Re: install trouble - drive not detected 8600/300

I have found the solution to my problem and post it here to clean up the thread.

It would seem that I was booting the wrong kernel from BootX when I attempted to install. This problem arose from my neglecting to create the appropriately named folder (Linux Kernels) for the install kernel and ramdisk.gz. As a result BootX was booting the ramdisk that I gave it in "Options", but was using the kernel in the "Linux Kernels" folder, left over from the last install. By switching to the correct kernel, the install proceeded smoothly.

Lesson:  RTFM!

(Never thought I'd be hitting myself with that cluebat, but it's well deserved.)

Thanks for all the help

Branden

--
|Branden Faulls                         |