Re: Powerbook Install

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 11:31:55PM -0600, joejoe99@softhome.net wrote:
> Chris Tillman writes:

> >Back in the installer, you might try mounting the bootstrap partition
> >(not usually recommended BTW) to see if it's been loaded:
> >
> >mount -t hfs /dev/hda2 /mnt
>
> After typing the above line I get:
>
> Mounting /dev/hda2 on /mnt failed: Invalid argument
>
> I was able to get the boot-device to read as it should - after typing 4 "\"
> it now does read:
>
> boot-device=hd:2,\\:tbxi

OK, so I interpret that message as meaning that the bootstrap
partition really hasn't been initialized. It's looking for an
hfs filesystem, and not finding any.

First check

mac-fdisk -l

to be sure the bootstrap is where you think it is, and
that it's type Apple_Bootstrap. Double check your conf
file to be sure it's got all the right stuff in it:

nano-tiny /target/etc/yaboot.conf

Then use the same chroot commands as before, except substitute
'mkofboot' instead of 'ybin'. That should initialize the partition
and then install yaboot.

--
http://Www.TruthAboutWar.org

Chris Tillman