Re: Powerbook Install

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 10:10:11PM -0600, joejoe99@softhome.net wrote:
> Chris Tillman writes:
> >On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 12:33:09PM -0600, joejoe99@softhome.net wrote:
> >nvsetenv boot-device hd:2,\\:tbxi
>
> Okay - I similarly used the command above, but when I type nvsetenv from
> the debian installer shell I see the following for boot-device:
>
> boot-device=hd:2,\:tbxi
>
> (!! it's missing a "\" ?? , even though I typed it with "\\"  -- strange?

No, this is expected behavior of most UNIX style command prompts. The
backslash character starts escape sequences, so you need to have two
in a row to actually get a single backslash passed to the program. So
you would actually use the following:

nvsetenv boot-device hd:2,\\\\:tbxi

I know it looks wrong at first glance, but it should give you \\ in
the real setting in firmware.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com