Re: Mac 7200 (PPC) sees Promise controller.. BUT NO DRIVES

> Eh? Why does the keyboard WORK with init=/bin/sh, but NOT WORK when
> booting as per usual? That makes zero sense...

It does make senes. With init=/bin/sh, the keyboard works with
the kernel built-in keymap. Later on, your userland scripts are
keycode type, and thus produce the incorrect results.

If you have CONFIG_ADB_KEYCODES set, then either clear it or
boot with keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1 on the cmdline (you
can also change it via /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid)

> > > Setting the System Clock using the Hardware Clock as reference...
> >
> > So the problem is really with the real time clock, or with the
> > Cuda driver. It works fine on the 8500 I have here (approximately
> > same hardware), though. Can you disable both CONFIG_RTC and
> > CONFIG_PPC_RTC ? That will prevent sync'ing the clock but should
> > allow it to boot.
>
> Trying right now. Kernel compiles take a while on a 601/90... even with
> cache...

Heh, yup

> > Also, is your kernel compile with CONFIG_SMP ? (I beleive it isn't
> > but still...)
> >

> I don't think so. >checks< No. And just in case you were gonna ask that
> next, YES, I AM compiling with the Machine Type as "CHRP/PowerMac/PReP" ;)

You wouldn't have gone far without this one ;)

> And with the Processor Type as "6xx/7xx/64xx/8260" ;) And with AltiVec
> Support off. And with Thermal Management Support off. An with CPU
> Frequency scaling off. And with MPC8260 CPM Support off. :>

Ok, well, those above don't really matter. It really looks like you are
either running CONFIG_RTC instead of CONFIG_PPC_RTC or I broke something
in the Cuda driver on non-SMP (guess what ? my 8500 is SMP :) I'll check
the later case here.

Ben.