Re: Mac 7200 (PPC) sees Promise controller.. BUT NO DRIVES

Interesting notes:

init=/bin/sh DOES get me to a shell! And everything works fine.

HOWEVER: Booting WITHOUT init=/bin/sh (even with the 601 bug thingy turned
on, which I really doubted would solve the problem anyhow), I get the same
problem... oh, and for some reason the keyboard is also screwed up.
Instead of:

qwertyuiop

I get:

-=\=/ wqdgsh

No kidding.

The last things I see on the screen when I get the problem are: (And yes I
am having to TYPE this stuff by hand, since the system is hard-locked):

(At the top, it scans for and finds the hard drive and CD-ROM drive)....
then:

  Vendor: SEAGATE   Model: ST32171N          Rev: 0484
  Vendor: YAMAHA    Model: CRW4416S          Rev: 1.0f
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Attached scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 0
SCSI device sda: 4223444 512-byte hdwr secotrs (2162MB)
Partition check:
 /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target1/lun0: [mac] p1 p2 p3 p4 p5 p6
Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 2, lun 0
sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 16x/16x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12
dmasound_pmac: Awacs/Screamer Codec Mfct: 1 Rev 2
DMA sound driver: Interrupt initialization failed
Macintosh non-volatile memory driver v1.0
NET4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for NET4.0
IP Protocols: ICMP, UDP, TCP
IP: routing cache hash table of 512 buckets, 4Kbytes
NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.
NET4: Appletalk 0.18a for Linux NET4.0
adb: starting probe task...
Freeing unused kernel memory: 140k init 8k chrp 8k prep
ADB keyboard at 2, handler 1
adb: finished probe task...
INIT: version 2.84 booting
Activating swap.
EXT2-fs warning: mounting unchecked fs, running e2fsck is recommended.
System time was Mon Aug 27 20:42:28 UTC 1956.
Setting the System Clock using the Hardware Clock as reference...

(and there she hangs)