Re: pmud sleep and eth0 ifconfig on old iBook

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, Frank Murphy wrote:

> [...] I have an old two-tone iBook with sid installed, and when I close
> the cover, it sleeps like it should (pulsing light and everything).
> However, on restart, the built-in ethernet is down. I can restart it by
> doing ifdown eth0; ifup eth0, but it seems that this should be doable on
> opening the lid.
>
> [...] I've looked in /etc/power, but I'm not sure which script I should
> change.

I think the man page you are looking for is pmud(8), and the file where
homemade wakeup hacks[1] should go is /etc/power/pwrctl-local:

  ``You can put local commands - like restoring trackpad settings after
  a sleep - in /etc/power/pwrctl-local. The arguments to pwrctl are
  passed through to pwrctl-local.''

Hope that helps :)

Ed

[1] Hack examples: http://www-stu.cai.cam.ac.uk/~egs21/pwrctl-local