pmud sleep and eth0 ifconfig on old iBook

Hi All,

  I know that this is a common problem, but I don't know what the proper
solution is. I have an old two-tone iBook with sid installed, and when I
close the cover, it sleeps like it should (pulsing light and everything).
However, on restart, the built-in ethernet is down. I can restart it by doing
ifdown eth0; ifup eth0, but it seems that this should be doable on opening
the lid.

  This is specifically for the built-in ethernet, not Airport, and I'm running
with a DHCP server for the network.

  I've looked in /etc/power, but I'm not sure which script I should change.

  Thanks for your help,

Frank