Re: New sleep code for ATI M6, M7 and M9

On 2003/03/14 11:42:39PM +0100, Fri, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 23:16, andrew lattis wrote:
>
> > i've noticed a problem with my tibook rev3, i have 'PowerMac DMA sound
> > support' compiled into my kernel. before going to sleep sound works
> > fine, after it wakes up i have nothing. i'm not seeing an errors show up
> > anywhere, just no sound...i've tried with/without esd and restarting esd
> > after wakeup. other than that its working great!
>
> Interesting. It works fine on my tipbook rev 2 with dmasound as a module.
>
> I admit the current dmasound for pmac is a total mess though.
>
> I lack time to properly rewrite it, though it seems the Alsa folks
> have been doing just that. I haven't tried their code though.
>
> Ben.

herm, it seems to work fine as a module..maybe i'll try alsa later.

before i had external speakers plugged in and turned them up all the way, so
i don't think it was just that the volume was lower, could have been though
it was a fairly noisy room.

thanks ben, and everyone else who makes the cool little apple boxen usable ;)

--
"...and therefor by process of elimination the electron must taste like
gravy"