Re: New sleep code for ATI M6, M7 and M9

On 2003/03/14 09:27:09PM +0100, Fri, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> On Fre, 2003-03-14 at 20:00, Tom Rini wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 06:49:44PM +0100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> >
> > > Ladies & Gentlemens .... The looooong awaited new power management
> > > code coming right from the ATI labs is here ! Finally :)
> > >
> > > I posted a patch at <http://penguinppc.org/~benh/new_sleep.diff>
> > >
> > > Sleep should now work properly on all these ATI Mobility chips,
> > > and power consumption might even be slightly improved in
> > > normal use.
> > >
> > > Please let me know how this works for you (mention your machine
> > > model and video chip type, that is the output of /proc/cpuinfo
> > > and lspci) along with your reports so I know what's up.
> >
> > It works for me on a TiPB III with an 'M6 LW'

i've noticed a problem with my tibook rev3, i have 'PowerMac DMA sound
support' compiled into my kernel. before going to sleep sound works
fine, after it wakes up i have nothing. i'm not seeing an errors show up
anywhere, just no sound...i've tried with/without esd and restarting esd
after wakeup. other than that its working great!

thanks,
andrew