RE: Trying to get XFree to work on a PowerBook G3.

Hello,

<SNIP>

> Take a look at
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2002/debian-powerpc-200207/
> msg00331.html
> Re: Linux 2.4 on PowerBook G3 pismo
>
> And the thread it's in. Your powerbook may be a lombard or pismo,
> that would probably be useful to know (I think the lombard has a
> bronze keyboard).

Then I guess mine is a pismo, since its keyboard is black. The link itself
unfortunately did not help me much, but I did come across a little program
called Xautocfg on penguinppc.org:
<http://ftp.penguinppc.org/projects/xautocfg/>

I ran this on my PowerBook and it generated a working XF86Config! :-)
Now I just have to figure out how to get the cursor keys working under X,
but I'll get to that some time.

> --
> "The way the Romans made sure their bridges worked is what
> we should do with software engineers. They put the designer
> under the bridge, and then they marched over it."
> -- Lawrence Bernstein, Discover, Feb 2003

Regards,

Peter.