Re: Management of backlight

Hi Ben,

> There is currently no solution for external flat panels, I simple don't
> know how backlight is controlled on these.

On a lark I installed pmud and pbbuttonsd but all I ended up with was a
completely dark screen for my login prompt.  I was blindly able to go to
/etc/rc.d/init.d/ and do a rm *pmu* and then reboot.

I find it strange that pmud and pbbuttonsd works on an imac and not other
desktops.  If I remember, the code in the Radeon driver special cases the
LCD backlight code differently from the DFP.

Perhaps both are controlled in the same way?

Is there any similar piece of Darwin source I should be looking at to
figure this out?

Thanks,

Kevin