Re: external vga + ibook2

On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 16:57, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
> Hi,
> Vincent Bernat wrote,
>
> > OoO En cette soirée bien amorcée du samedi 18 janvier 2003, vers
> > 22:16, Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx@luusa.org> disait:
> >
> > > I can deactivate my lcd display with m3mirror, but
> > > I can't activate the crt.
> >
> > The CRT needs to be activated by OpenFirmware. Start your ibook with
> > the lids closed.
>
> Thanks for the tip.
>
> I tried most of your configuration hints,
> but without real success.
>
> When I use the openfirmware framebuffer (CONFIG_FB_OF=y),
> VGA-Out with the "close-lid-on-startup" trick works in
> CRT-only mode in console and X. (nothing on the lcd)
>
> Without framebuffer I get no display on lcd or crt.
>
> With radeonfb (2.4.20-ben1) and the "close-lid-on-startup"
> trick I get a black screen after kernel is loading.
> (only yaboot is displayed correctly)
>
> With radeonfb (2.4.21-pre3) I get no display in "normal" mode.
>
> With openfirmware framebuffer the luminously apple is not
> deactivated in suspend mode. (i get thermal problems)
>
> Now I'm trying DRI-trunk and it would be nice to
> have DRI working.
>
> My XFree86.0.log and XF86Config-4 is here:
> http://www.luusa.org/~wbx/
>
> glxinfo: direct rendering: No
> tuxracer: black screen, but sound.
>
> Any idea's what's going wrong with vga-out or dri?

No idea with vga-out, but you can view my xfree configuration file here:

http://arkuin.dragon-lance.net/XF86Config-4_iBook2.2

It works fine with the dri modules and the 2.4.20-pre1 ben kernel, but i
turn off the sleep with the -k flag in /etc/default/power

bye!
--
Jorge Arcas (aka arkuin)
http://arkuin.dragon-lance.net | jorge.arcas@hispalinux.es