Re: external vga + ibook2

Hi,
Vincent Bernat wrote,

> OoO En cette soirée bien amorcée du samedi 18 janvier 2003, vers
> 22:16, Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx@luusa.org> disait:
>
> > I can deactivate my lcd display with m3mirror, but
> > I can't activate the crt.
>
> The CRT needs to be activated by OpenFirmware. Start your ibook with
> the lids closed.

Thanks for the tip.

I tried most of your configuration hints,
but without real success.

When I use the openfirmware framebuffer (CONFIG_FB_OF=y),
VGA-Out with the "close-lid-on-startup" trick works in
CRT-only mode in console and X. (nothing on the lcd)

Without framebuffer I get no display on lcd or crt.

With radeonfb (2.4.20-ben1) and the "close-lid-on-startup"
trick I get a black screen after kernel is loading.
(only yaboot is displayed correctly)

With radeonfb (2.4.21-pre3) I get no display in "normal" mode.

With openfirmware framebuffer the luminously apple is not
deactivated in suspend mode. (i get thermal problems)

Now I'm trying DRI-trunk and it would be nice to
have DRI working.

My XFree86.0.log and XF86Config-4 is here:
http://www.luusa.org/~wbx/

glxinfo: direct rendering: No
tuxracer: black screen, but sound.

Any idea's what's going wrong with vga-out or dri?

Thanks in advance.

bye
  Waldemar

--
8485 D0CE 2743 656E 867C  5C93 0317 AFD8 BE21 BD90