Re: ide-controller ACARD 6260M not working with debian 3.0

Hi,

Sorry for replying so late; I'm cleaning my inbox...

On  26 Dec, this message from Rolf Weidmann echoed through cyberspace:
> I'm trying to install debian 3.0(kernel 2.4.18) on a mac b&w rev1.
> Because of an built-in error of the original onboard ide-controller it's
> impossible to add another hard disk to this controller and so I want to
> install on a disk, which is connected to an ide-controller card. I've got
> a TurboMax/ATA-66 card, which is identical to the ACARD 6260M.
> During istallation of the 2.4.18 kernel from the debian3.0-cd the hard
> disk is recognised from the installation system, partition check is o.k.
> as said in dmesg and kernel is written on the disk, but when the system
> should be rebooted from the hard disk it gives in dmesg the following
> error-messages:
> ..
> partition check:
> ..
> hde: lost interrupt
> ide_dma_proc: chipset supported
> ide_dma_lostirq func only: 13
> ..
> this error message is given again and again without an end;

Hm, IDE has had that 'lost interrupt' problem a few times already....
Can you try and send along 'lspci' from a runnign system with this
controller, to see whether it gets a correct interrupt assigned?

> hde is the disk connected to the ACARD ide controller card, about the card
> is said in dmesg:
> ..
> AEC 6260R: IDE controller on PCI bus 01 dev 10
> AEC 6260R: chipset revision 1
> AEC 6260R: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
> AEC 6260R: ROM enabled at 0x80890000
> ..
> during installation I found with
> cat /proc/pci
> ..
> bus 1, device 2, function 0:
> SCSI storage controller: Artop Electronics Corp ATP 860 (rev1)
> IRQ 23

What does this SCSI controller have to do with the IDE controller above?

> I've updated the card's firmware under mac os to version 3.21.

Is this car supported under MacOS? Does it emulate a SCSI controller?

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |