Re: how can i improve open gl performance on a tibook 400?

cheers for the tips. I reconfigured xfree and chose the fbdev xserver driver. I still only got 150 ish fps from glxgears. glxinfo says

...snip...
direct rendering: No
...snip...

I have read that i need this to be enabled for acceleration to take place. How can i enable it? I tried choosing the r128 driver from the dpkg xserver menu instead of fbdev but x fails to start (i believe it said 'cannot read V_BIOS')

Am now trying to recompile the kernel with the r128 drm module and agpart enabled.

cheers

matthew

listmaster@lists.debian.org