Re: Suggest a really good email client

brett@kavi.com writes:

>>> The usual answer is: yes, there is. Gnus for Emacs.
>>
>> No, Gnus is really crap: non-standard quotes, non-MIME attachments.
>
> Huh?  No way, Gnus is probably the most powerful client out there; Sure,
> it's compilcated to configure but it's worth it, no other mailier I know
> of has the flexibility or scoring system it does, that I know of.

Assuming I refuse to touch LISP, is it still flexible?
Nice would be:

Posts to linux-kernel:
  Linus gets +10
  What he replies to gets +8, and +3 for that one's parent.
  Followups to Linus get +3.
  etc.

Personal:
  Email to me gets +12
  Followups to something I sent get an extra +4

Plus I want evolution-style vfolders, a nice GTK interface, and
a text-mode interface that runs over a crummy ssh connection
without Alt, Meta, ^S, ^Q, or ^H. Threading support is critical.