Re: Powermanagment of the new iBook (11.2002)

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> writes:
> >   But aren't your devel snapshots available with rsync?
> >   I was dealing with them, not the bitkeeper ones, for those like
> >   me who don't want to hear from bitkeeper.
>
> They are ;) But I prefer people to stick to the stable tree, I'll
> update it with the patch soon anyway. If you really want it, it's
> benh-devel on rsync.penguinppc.org, but I warn you that this tree
> is not guaranteed to work at all at any moment or not eat your data ;)

Actually, it has been a great pleasure to play around with your tree,
even if it actually *did* eat large chunks of data (yesterday's rsync on
benh-devel). I needed the M7  suspend feature, so I gave the unstable
tree a try. Just for the anecdote, it f*cked up the whole filesystem ;->
No worries with it, we've got good backup facilities here.

For the record :
- behaviour works as expected (upmd really suspends/wakes up the
  machine, with blinking backside light und so weiter) ;
- waking up goes fine the first time, then the display buffer seems to
  get filled with junk after 2/3 sleep/awake operations ;
- after that, other areas of memory probably got stuffed with junk,
  most visibly the VFS - hence the *major* trouble with the
  filesystems. I've got nice Oopses too, logs available upon request.

Thanks to Ben for your work on ppc's - keep up the good work !!

Fabrice

PS: oh, just one thing. I really appreciate being able to fetch your
BK tree via rsync, because my employer (french Finance Ministry)
doesn't allow it, since it's not free software. BK would have to
undergo an agreement procedure before anybody can install it on any
machine here.