Re: ibook HD upgrade

On  15 Jan, this message from Norberti Lange-Schäfer echoed through cyberspace:
> my ibook has a 10GB Harddisk and I'm thinking of replacing it with a 40GB
> one (probably the ibm ic25n040 ).
> Has someone experience with this?(besides www.webwitch.de) hardwar-problems?
> What to watch for while re-installing? software-problems?

I've done a similar upgrae on a TiBook. The most difficult part IMO is
the hardware: getting that small disk inside of the TiBook without
breaking neither 'book nor disk :-)

The software side shouldn't be a problem: just follow the usual
instructions for reinstalling verything.

Or, do as I have done: connect both disks to another computer (needs
3,5" - 2,5" adapter), redo partitions (at least some, like MacOS)
exactly the same size as before, and dd your data over from the odld to
the new disk.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |