Re: Got this far on a 7100/80

oops sent that to the wrong person!

there are 2 steps:

first boot the machine with the kernel_installer (found here:
ftp://ppc.linux.or.jp//pub/users/ekato/nubus-pmac/Debian_woody/)

install the debian system, and reboot.

then move that kernel+installer to a safe location, and replace it with the
standard kernel (found here:
ftp://ppc.linux.or.jp/pub/users/ekato/nubus-pmac/current/ )

make sure that it is named "Mach Kernel", and place it in the extensions
folder.

boot that kernel with the mklinux booter; specifying the location of your
root partition (i.e. #rootdev=/dev/sda6)

cheers!

dylan