Re: HELP - can't boot into OSX - can I restore my data from debianppc?

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 15:01:39 -0500, Derrik Pates composed:
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 10:39:16AM -0800, Jim McLoughlin wrote:
>
> Ah, the joys of running a UNIX that doesn't have an fsck capable of
> actually repairing its own filesystems...

heh

> You can 'apt-get install hfsplus', then use hpmount to "mount" the
> device, and hpcp to copy critical files off the filesystem. I'm not sure
> if hfsplus yet supports HFS+ writing, but for your purpose that doesn't
> sound like a high priority - it'll work well enough to at least get
> files _off_ it.

as of 10.2, osx doesn't dual boot os 9.x /os x, but maybe u can get
around that somehow. triple boot perhaps. suggestion on how to get
around 10.2 single boot - stop at OF prompt, have
another partition with os 9 on it, boot from that partition. copy over
stuffs from os 9.

> dpates@dsdk12.net
> dpates@voxel.net

the rest - well, i'm an oldworld d00d ATM. haven't plkayed with yaboot
yet.

simon