Re: /dev/dvd

Hi Matthew,

Dans un message du 03 jan à 13:48, Matthew Yee-King écrivait :
> I notice that some media players seem to have altivec acceleration,
> e.g. mpalyer, videolan. Is it correct to say you need gcc 3 to take
> advantage of altivec acceleration under linux?

It depends on their use of Altivec. If they use the Altivec C functions,
you need a recent compiler (gcc 3.1 or later). If they use asm Altivec
functions, all you need is a assembler which supports them (GNU as
has supported them for quite a long time).

All media players I know use Altivec asm functions, so you don't need
gcc3.

--
Guillaume Morin <guillaume@morinfr.org>

   I'm unclean, a libertine, every time you vent your spleen, I seem to lose
    the power of speech, you're slipping slowly from my reach, you grow me
        like an evergreen, you've never seen me lonely at all. (Placebo)