Re: PowerPC boot disks

> > If you happen to build a full PowerPC boot disk set please let the
> > debian-boot people know. There's been a call for help here of late, and I
> > can't seem to find bootvars to get a build even started.
>
> I've built everything except the Prep rescue disk (in other words, if I
> comment out the prep build, everything else builds).

The prep build is possible if you snatch kernel-source-2.2.20 manually
from the archive (and dump it in /archive/deign/download/var/cache/apt/archives)

> Both bootvars and BootX can both be found at
> <http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/current/powermac/>.

Someone please update the bloody readme then. That's the same versions I
got so there's no need to rebuild everything again.

> It builds sort of recursively. If you have any questions, I'd be happy

It builds prep disks by building a few kernels from source. It rebuilds
the newpmac target every time no matter what. It's broken as usual.

> to help. Hopefully I can spend some more time building soon.

We should get Dan to install everything necessary for boot-floppies builds
in voltaire's chroot (and get boot-floppies to build without sudo
requirements ...). That way, even the boot-floppies people themselves can
build it.

New files for testing on people.d.o/~schmitz/3.0.24-2003-01-03/ - no build
errors this time so they ought to be fine.

	Michael