Re: keyboard!#%^&

Chris' advice, and the file he porvided, worked perfectly.  What I type is
now
what comes out; a considerable improvement.  Unfortunately I still cannot get

Xwindows to start and I suspect the mouse, as I indicated in my first post.
When I initiallly set the system up I had a terrible time getting the mouse
problem straightened out and now I suspect what I did then needs to somehow
be undone now.  What that was consisted of having /etc/X11/XF86Config
contain the following lines:
  protocol: IMPS/2
  device: "usbmouse"
I tried commenting these out, but then get an error that Xwindows sees no
mouse
protocol.  But when I put them back, it again says cannot open mouse, no such
device, although
dmesg shows the kernel recognizing a Logitech optical PS/2 mouse, which is
right.  All I've
come up with in the archives is about remapping the mouse buttons in the
keycode
file, but I'm not at all sure that's what I should do.  Any advice, or
pointers to existing
advice would be most appreciated.

Mike

BTW, when trying to use the old (ADB) kernel, the:

  keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1

line doesn't seem to work.  I'm assuming that this argument is given at the
yaboot "boot:"
prompt, following (in my case): debian: root-/dev/sda8.  Is this correct?

Finally, sorry is these are stupid nwebie questions, but rest assured I go
around all the circles
I can think of before posting them.