About iBook, kernel 2.6 and Debian unstable

Hello Joe,

I've just taken a look at your iBook kernel 2.6 Mini-HOWTO which is
really interesting and usefull during the kernel migration task, well
done -- Thanks for such a tutorial.

At this point I have just a simple question:

    Kernel 2.6 makes Daenzer's drm-trunk-modules obsolete because the
    DRM source inside the new kernel is up to date.

    At this point I'm asking me if also Daenzer's DRI packages are
    obsolete on kernel 2.6, this packages are:

        . xlibmesa3-dri-trunk           DRI CVS trunk version of Mesa 3D graphics library
        . xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk     The DRI CVS trunk XFree86 X server
        . xlibmesa-dev-dri-trunk        DRI CVS trunk version of Mesa 3D graphics library development files

    and are available, for unstable, on Daenzer's Debian site:
    http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk-unstable/

So, should I keep this packages along with kernel 2.6 or is the actual X
server in Debian unstable able to deal with the new DRM code from kernel 2.6?

Thanks for help,

 I.

P.S:    I've CC:'ed this mail to the officiale Debian PowerPC list,
        maybe someone over there can be also interested. I'm currently
        not subscribed to this list so please CC me when replying to the
        PowerPC mailing list, thanks.

--
                        )/_
              _.--..---"-,--c_    Ivo Marino <eim@mentors.debian.net>