Files in /var/log/ksymoops ?

Hi,

since I switched to a custom-compiled 2.4.23 kernel (rsync'ed from
mvista), I get two files in /var/log/ksymoops everyday, labeled
<date>.ksyms and <date>.modules.
The former one contains the same as `ksyms -a`, and the later is empty.

As I am not very familiar with kernel symbols, I was
wondering if this is supposed to happen ?

BTW, I am also getting a warning when ps'ing, saying that
"/boot/System.map-2.4.23 does not match kernel data".
As the map in question was created during kernel compilation, I don't
understand this very well. Any hint ?

Thanks,
Simon

--
Simon Vallet
Due to massive spam, the address shown in the From: header