Re: 2.4.21-ben2 issues: RTC, Thermal and RTAS
- To: "J. Javier Maestro" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Debian PowerPC List <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: 2.4.21-ben2 issues: RTC, Thermal and RTAS
- From: Sven Luther <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 02:18:49 +0100
- Message-id: <20031217011849.GA26643@iliana>
- In-reply-to: <20030823171845.GA1963@dat.etsit.upm.es>
- References: <20030823171845.GA1963@dat.etsit.upm.es>
On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 03:18:46AM +1000, J. Javier Maestro wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I just recompiled the 2.4.21-ben2 kernel several times, trying to get it
> running. I finally fixed the FB problem I was having at compilation, and
> when booting, the kernel froze in the middle of the boot, when trying to
> set the System time. I can track this to the RTC support, since the
> kernel booted nicely when I unset CONFIG_RTC.
Strange, i am experiencing exactly the opposite behavior, but then i
have a Pegasos, which is of CHRP lineage, and uses a via southbridge.
What exactly is the hardware you have, and does this still happen with
newer kernels ?