Re: need (pmac owner help) with powerpc package.

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 01:12:32PM +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> Am Die, den 16.12.2003 schrieb Sven Luther um 11:24:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to request some help from someone owning a pmac, to
> > investigate all the open bugs against the powerpc kernel package that
> > are related to pmac.
> >
> > The bugs are against the kernel-patch-2.4.22-powerpc,
> > kernel-patch-2.4.21-powerpc and kernel-patch-2.4.20-powerpc Packages,
> > some of them dating from older 2.2.x packages and can probably be closed
> > or not, other are upstream things.
> could you please tell us which bugs actually need help? I did not find
> any bugs where there are unconfirmed problems. The older two packages
> have no open bug.

I believe many of those are upstream issues or so. The older packages
had no problems, since i asked for their removal, and reassigned all
their packages to 2.4.22. The bugs are at :

  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=kernel-patch-2.4.22-powerpc

The issues i see are mostly of the kind : scsi driver not working,
probably worth merging, and checking with a newer kernel if this is
still the case, the brightness issue we talked here some time ago, and
the various xfree86, atyfb and m3mirror issues.

These are often stuff coming from the 2.2.x kernels i never maintained,
and maybe from the potato time.

Friendly,

Sven Luther