Re: trouble with radeon framebuffer driver
- To: Graham Wilson <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: trouble with radeon framebuffer driver
- From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:43:31 +1100
- Message-id: <1071186211.11008.306.camel@gaston>
- In-reply-to: <20031211154733.GA396@quux.local>
- References: <20031210203247.GA1200@quux.local> <1071097420.11004.249.camel@gaston> <20031210232650.GA384@quux.local> <1071126226.12498.285.camel@gaston> <20031211154733.GA396@quux.local>
> Would this be equivalent to setting panel_yres from the kernel command
> line? I tried that, and the radeon driver seems to be used in favor of
> the OF one, but the display is unreadable.
> If you have a known EDID block I could start playing around with using
> it as a default.
No, EDID is more than just the yres, it's the native resolution plus
the native timings of the panel, along with some more bits of
I'll start collecting EDID blocks soon, first I need to finish some
other pending things.