Re: m3mirror problem

> > I'm trying to mirror my iBook2 video for presentation (Debian
> > testing/unstable, 3.0r1, Kernel 2.4.18-newpmac).
> > Downloaded m3mirror from Benh's page.
> > With the FB device I get a 60Hz image that flickers a lot. If I try to
> > "upgrade" to 75Hz I get a melange of colours... if I open a shell I can
> > see some characters arising from the melange. It seems like the image
> > sent to the CRT is bigger than the surface of the screen, but the sync
> > seems wrong, too.
> > What am I missing? Wrong kernel or whatever?
>
> Try the kernel patch at http://www.stampflee.com/kernel/
> I don't use it myself (my ibook has an M6), but I've seen it work.

Does not work on my ibook/m3. First: the patch creates a weird vertical
line under X on my LCD. Second: it doesn't help on CRT either, the
screen is still shaking and, worse, it is doubled - I get two overlapped
pictures of my desktop.

Is there anything particular I should add into XF86Config-4? Can someone
who got the patch work on her ibook/m3 send me her XF86Config-4?

Thx a lot.

--
Eric