Re: m3mirror problem
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: m3mirror problem
- From: Eric Lemoine <Eric.Lemoine@ens-lyon.fr>
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:14:25 +0100
- Message-id: <20031211101424.GD1175@udine>
- In-reply-to: <20031128165059.GA24127@gevaerts.be>
- References: <1070035259.2207.13.camel@applepie> <20031128165059.GA24127@gevaerts.be>
> > I'm trying to mirror my iBook2 video for presentation (Debian
> > testing/unstable, 3.0r1, Kernel 2.4.18-newpmac).
> > Downloaded m3mirror from Benh's page.
> > With the FB device I get a 60Hz image that flickers a lot. If I try to
> > "upgrade" to 75Hz I get a melange of colours... if I open a shell I can
> > see some characters arising from the melange. It seems like the image
> > sent to the CRT is bigger than the surface of the screen, but the sync
> > seems wrong, too.
> > What am I missing? Wrong kernel or whatever?
> Try the kernel patch at http://www.stampflee.com/kernel/
> I don't use it myself (my ibook has an M6), but I've seen it work.
Does not work on my ibook/m3. First: the patch creates a weird vertical
line under X on my LCD. Second: it doesn't help on CRT either, the
screen is still shaking and, worse, it is doubled - I get two overlapped
pictures of my desktop.
Is there anything particular I should add into XF86Config-4? Can someone
who got the patch work on her ibook/m3 send me her XF86Config-4?
Thx a lot.