Re: 12" PB less supported than 15", 17" ?

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 11:33, B. Bogart wrote:
> the radeons above 9200 are not supported by X. :( Since ATI has not released
> specs on the r300 chips.
>
> nvidia chips have x86 only binary drivers....
> ati drivers are also x86 only.

Wow, don't go too fast :)

XFree 2D will work fine, including Xv acceleration. It's 3D acceleration
that isn't supported

> I'm still getting a powerbook with the 9600, but I will not be able to do
> much with debian. There may be a way to trick X into thinking the 9600 is a
> 9200, anyone had luck with this?

I expect my 2.6 and a snapshot of XFree CVS to work with full 2D accel
on the 9600 Mobility as well. Sleep support is not in yet, but I'm
in touch with ATI for getting that done, I don't know how long it will
take though.

> any way to support the cause and show ATI the value of thier linux market?
> (I've already sent many mails to support@ati.com, all they do is restate
> what we already know.)

I have contacts within ATI, it just takes time for things to move on
as we aren't a priority, but they are kind and try to be helpful.

Ben.