Re: [off topic] Petition MSN 6 for Mac

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies (also the what the h*ll is this email doing here) So to make up to you all, small overview with pointers:

For PBG4 GNU/Linux testing with some unstable packages:

1) kopete 0.7.4-1 installed via apt-get
# kopete
kopete: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libkopete.so.1:
R_PPC_REL24 relocation at 0x0ffcf8a8 for symbol `malloc' out of range

see reference to bug report somewhere in this email list

2) kopete build from .tar.gz 0.7.4
#./configure --prefix=/usr
# make
# make install

works fine!

3) ayttm from apt-get
sign on msn: MSN Protocol negotiation failed

4) ayttm from .tar.bz2 0.4.4
configure+make -> works!! after installing/upgrading some libs

So .tar.gz is for now the way to go since there are no working debian packages for powerpc at the moment. But not of all MSN features are supported like voice and video as an MSN client might offer, hence the email on the petition.

Thanks for all your feedback and lets close this thread,

Pander