Re: CloneMode problems on iBook G4

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 15:31, Colin Leroy wrote:

> I'm trying to use my ibook's mirror mode. I plugged a Sony 210ES screen to to
> VGA adapter after boot and before X starts (else I get an openfirmware screen).
> The problem is that the CRT screen is set up with a mode like 320x240.
>
> Any idea about what I do wrong?

Not really without at least seeing what the X server log says about the
second head.

> My XF86Config interesting bits:
>
> Section "Device"
>  Identifier  "Card0"
>  Driver      "radeon"
>  VendorName  "ATI Technologies Inc"
>  BoardName   "Radeon 9200 Mobility"
>  Option      "UseFBDev"

For one, though, the behaviour of the external head is undefined with
Option "UseFBDev".

>  Option      "AGPMode" "4"
>  Option      "EnablePageFlip" "On"
>  ChipID      0x514d

BTW, the ID of a supported Mobility chip might be a better choice;
xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk 2003.10.05-2 might even work out of the box.

>  Option      "CloneMode" "1024x768"

The driver doesn't recognise this option, does it? Not that it should
hurt.

Software libre enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer