Re: orinoco wifi init error

alejo wrote:
hi all, thankx for the help with the keyboard buttons replacing the mouse second click etc..

now im trying to get up and running an external orinoco - silver wifi card, it seems im having problems with the init_module:

i have read some pages and stuff but havent got far to see the card turned on hope someone can share their:

You need to edit /etc/default/pcmcia, and change the PCIC= line from i82365 to yenta_socket. Also, at least on my Pismo, do_scan=0 needs to be added to the PCIC_OPTS= line.

My /etc/default/pcmcia file looks like this:

# Defaults for pcmcia (sourced by /etc/init.d/pcmcia)
PCMCIA=yes
PCIC=yenta_socket
PCIC_OPTS=do_scan=0
CORE_OPTS=
CARDMGR_OPTS=-f

Also, on my Pismo, I had to comment out all lines in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts, and add the following two lines:

include port 0x100-0x1ff
include memory 0x80000000-0x80ffffff

and PCMCIA works perfectly with it.

--