Re: swiss german keyboard config needed

Hi,

On   2 Dec, this message from nico dreher echoed through cyberspace:
> I am looking for an ALT- and CTRL- configuration on a Swiss German
> qwertz keyboard (PowerBook G3 Lombard).
>
> I tried the sample .Xmodmap from
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/debian-powerpc-200308/
> msg00182.html (see quoted below).
>
> However I am looking for an .Xmodmap that behaves like on a standard
> Macintosh keyboard, i.e. @ = ALT + g, # = ALT + 3, | = ALT + 7, etc.

How about the one attached below? It's for my swiss-french keyboard, but
I suppose most of the things you're looking for are identical.

This is in addition to a default swiss-french keyboard config (i.e. this
XFree config:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "macintosh"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "fr_CH"
EndSection
)

HTH

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |
keycode  94 = less greater lessthanequal greaterthanequal
keycode  49 = grave asciitilde
keycode 115 = Alt_R
keycode  64 = Mode_switch
keycode  10 = 1 plus dead_circumflex currency
keycode  11 = 2 quotedbl notsign section
keycode  12 = 3 asterisk numbersign plusminus
keycode  13 = 4 ccedilla threesuperior ssharp
keycode  14 = 5 percent onequarter cent
keycode  15 = 6 ampersand onehalf threequarters
keycode  16 = 7 slash backslash bar
keycode  17 = 8 parenleft bracketleft braceleft
keycode  18 = 9 parenright bracketright braceright
keycode  19 = 0 equal plusminus twosuperior
keycode  26 = e E EuroSign Ediaeresis
keycode  28 = t T trademark Icircumflex
keycode  77 = Delete
keycode 113 = Mode_switch