Re: gconf messed in sid and downgrading
- To: Jean-Christophe Michel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Liste debian ppc <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: gconf messed in sid and downgrading
- From: Michel Dänzer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:21:54 +0100
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 14:07, Jean-Christophe Michel wrote:
> I made the error of upgrading my sid/gnome two days ago.
> This changed gconf2 to 2.4 and i lost evolution-mail;
> one of the messages asked to log out and in again.
> When trying to login into gnome, i was warned the session didn't last
> 10s, because gnome-check-config-2 didn't pass.
> The only way for me to see gnome back was to change
> /usr.lib/gconf2/gnome-check-config-2 and set a stupid script returning 0
> instead. But now i have only evolution, all menus, icons... are messed
> I know all this is probably related to the repository being broken.
Not so sure, I think I'm running all the 2.4 stuff from sid without
Maybe some GNOME related daemons survived even the logout-login
procedure and are causing problems now? Does the problem persist over a
> What solution can you suggest me to downgrade last upgrade ? local .debs
> were deleted :(
There's always http://snapshot.debian.net/ .
> and i have no console under gnome.
> Second question: why isn't it possible to have a real console (plain
> screen) with F2 or F3 ? never worked here. Failsafe console is only a
> quarter screen ;(
Doesn't ctrl-alt(-fn)-Fx work for you?
Earthling Michel Dänzer | Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer
Software libre enthusiast | http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer