A newbie installing Debian on PBg4 12inch

Hi,

I'm a newbie on installing linux on a mac.
Since a month or three i have a 12 inch pb, and finally i decided to add Debian to my system.
This via the instructions of:
http://www.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/~schmidtm/apple/powerbook.en.php

If i don't follow his instructions on putting the changed kernel of http://valla.uchicago.edu/ppc/vmlinux-pbg412.bz2 , but just use the 'official' one, i can actually boot and get in the installation process. But then my hardisk is not recognized. I know, that's why the website with the instructions tells me to download and use the other (changed, added harddisk drivers)kernel. But that's just the problem. When i download it, bunzip2 it and rename it to linux.bin, yaboot tells me it's corrupted. When i download it, bunzip2 it, and not give it a .bin (osx might change some resources, i don't know..), and then change the yabootconfig as in http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/debian-powerpc-200302/ msg00548.html
it still doesn't work..

Can anybody give me a tip on how to unconcompress this alternatif kernal (wich is in .bz2 format) without osx (10.3) messing it up (if 10.3 does..).
And/or what i should do anyway to make my disk recognised?

Thanks a very lot!

Bart