Re: iBook G4 800MHz configuration

Ben,

I dont know if this would help you at all but I have this info available for my Powerbook G4/1Ghz. It is reporting bogomips of 747.11

Info is available here and here:
http://www.pixelchaos.net/files/powerbook/cpuinfo.txt
http://www.pixelchaos.net/files/powerbook/proc-device-tree.tar.gz

- justin

On Nov 26, 2003, at 4:07 AM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

Thanks for your quick answer!! I currently run the first line ;)...

Another thing (I'm very new under ppc arch), is it normal that the kernel compilation takes more that 20minutes to finish?? With a basic configuration, it took 10mins on a i386 arch with a 850Mhz...If someone can shortly learn me some
things about the ppc processor, it could be very nice :)

What are your Bogomips and what CPU model is this ?

Can you email me a tarball of /proc/device-tree ?

It's possible that the CPU isn't booting at full speed, I'll see if I
can do something for that. I'm trying to get a loaner machine here for
a couple of weeks so I can fix most of these issues

Ben.