Re: iBook G4 800MHz configuration

re-hello ;)

> > Should I install the CVS version of XFree86??
>
> Yes
>
> $ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.dri.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/dri co xc
> $ cd xc/xc
> $ make World
> $ su -c  "make install"
> $ cd programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/
> $ make -f Makefile.linux clean all radeon.o
> $ su -c "mkdir /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/char/drm/"
> $ su -c cp radeon.o /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/char/drm/"
> $ su -c "depmod -a"
> $ su -c "modprobe radeon"
>
> should work. (extrapolating from what i did on my G3 with mach64)
> You need kernel headers (or source, i don't remember).

Thanks for your quick answer!! I currently run the first line ;)...

Another thing (I'm very new under ppc arch), is it normal that the kernel
compilation takes more that 20minutes to finish?? With a basic configuration, it
took 10mins on a i386 arch with a 850Mhz...If someone can shortly learn me some
things about the ppc processor, it could be very nice :)

Thanks a lot.

cheers.

--
IoGuiX