Re: iBook G4 800MHz configuration

On Nov 25, 2003, at 10:55 AM, ioguix@free.fr wrote:

Another thing (I'm very new under ppc arch), is it normal that the kernel compilation takes more that 20minutes to finish?? With a basic configuration, it took 10mins on a i386 arch with a 850Mhz...If someone can shortly learn me some
things about the ppc processor, it could be very nice :)

From what little information I've gathered so far, booting into Debian from Open Firmware causes the CPU on powerbooks/ibooks to go into low power mode... my 1GHZ Powerbook G4 shows bogomips of something like 780, which is far lower than it should be.

Having said that, I havent looked into this any further but it *might* be the cause of what your seeing.

- justin