Re: Can't set XMMS audio volume on 8500

Michael,

On my powermac 8500 AV (running a kernel.org 2.4.21 kernel) I have these
options set in my kernel's .config file under the "Sound" section:

#
# Sound
#
CONFIG_SOUND=y
CONFIG_DMASOUND_PMAC=y
CONFIG_DMASOUND=y
CONFIG_I2C=y
CONFIG_I2C_KEYWEST=y
CONFIG_SOUND_BT878=m
CONFIG_SOUND_OSS=m

All other sound options are "not set".  Then with xmixer, I am able to
control the built-in speaker and headphone output independently, and be
able to adjust the volume outside of xmms.  I am not sure if the "OSS"
option is necessary, but I left it in as I did not select any of the
other modules that might need it.

Hope you don't mind the personal message.  With the debian servers down,
I figured you might get this info quicker this way.

cheers
vinai

--
Vinai

To get my real e-mail address, replace "4" with "for" in the above address